• Group Coaching: Group coaching is a joint venture between the facilitator and all group members. I am encouraged to participate in the process of developing and monitoring goals and outcomes. I agree to support the group, honoring and valuing each participant.
Alena Michaels agrees to provide a fun and safe experience, encouraging members to share. Each participant makes the personal decision whether to receive feedback, and feedback is offered in positive terms without judgment or advice-giving. Coaching is not therapy, though psychology may be used at times as a background research.
• In the event that I need therapy after beginning the coaching relationship, I will be referred to another provider to eliminate any confusion about Alena Michaels' role. I may continue coaching while I am in therapy with another provider, but I may be asked to sign a release authorizing an exchange of information between Alena Michaels and the other provider, to ensure that no conflicts arise. If currently in therapy, I agree to communicate with my counselor or therapist before beginning the coaching series.
• I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
• Confidentiality: All information shared in group coaching is confidential except in circumstances governed by law, such as child abuse and danger to self or others. All parties agree to take all reasonable measures to ensure confidentiality with any communication over the phone and/or Internet.
• Financial Policy: All fees for group are payable at the time of the first group session to guarantee my place in the group and my commitment to the group or as agreed after communicating with Alena. Coaching is not considered medically necessary and is not covered by insurance. Payment needs to be completed via link provided together with this contract. Fees are subject to change every six months.
• I agree to follow the group coaching guidelines as outlined at the beginning of each session, to complete assignments on time and to the best of my ability; and to participate fully within the group.
• As a participant, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
• No-Show and Cancellation Policy: Group sessions may not be rescheduled, and fees are non-refundable, unless Alena Michaels cancels or reschedules a group session. It is understood that I may not be able to make all of the group sessions, and I am aware the sessions will be recorded and available for me to watch.
• I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual, or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
Contractual Agreement: I have read and understood this contract, and I agree to its terms. I acknowledge that Alena Michaels can make no guarantee or warranty as to the results of these services. I am consenting only to those services that Alena Michaels is qualified to provide within the scope of her M.S. degree, certifications as a Life and NLP coach, and other training. If the group member is under the age of 18, I attest that I have legal custody of this child and am therefore allowed to initiate and give consent for the child’s participation in these services.
Alena Michaels, M.S.